Thursday, September 11, 2008

No Deal?

Dropped the ball again, didn’t I? I’ll probably do so a few more times before it’s all over, but I’m not defeated. No not yet. One thing I’ve learned in my life is that it helps if you have some “partners in crime”. Someone to encourage and who reciprocates. Or who will give you a much-needed kick. An old proverb says that a strand of three is not easily broken. I have found that to be so true.

That’s why a couple of writer friends and I started Routines For Writers, a blog which you can find at RoutinesForWriters.com . We wanted to encourage each other, rebuke each other and generally push and prod each other to actually accomplish some of the writing projects we discussed. I have to write at least one blog entry a week. Since they are in this with me and I don’t want to let them down, I’m more likely to keep up with that blog. At least that’s the theory. :)

I hope establishing that routine will help me keep up with this blog. On ‘blog-writing day’, I can write entries for there and here. At least that’s my plan. For now. I also have plans for putting up a website. Maybe even another blog. The reality is this blog might end up being absorbed into those others. Even if that happens, though, it won’t be a failure. Even though it does sort of feel like it. It’s just a change of plans. A change that actually signals growth. This blog was an experiment, created to help me establish the habit of regular blogging and writing. So whatever the end result, you will see more of me on the Web.

No comments: